Winning the Flea and Tick War with These Treatments
Fleas and ticks are external parasites that wreak havoc to your pet and cause physical harms such as skin problems, arthritis as well as depression. Hence, the situation calls for an immediate flea and tick treatment. Spring season does not only bring with it color, yet it also accompanies fleas that pester pets like dogs. These minute canine pests are carriers of tapeworms and are very common. Hence, such things lead to harsh itching making your pet miserable. Aside from fleas, you also have to watch out for blood suckers known as ticks. There are many types of ticks and these creatures can be dangerous to pets especially dogs since they are more prone to those blood sucking pests than cats. Like miniature vampire, fleas and ticks both strive on blood from pets and they have to be eradicated as soon as possible. The ideal way to stop the problem is to prevent it.
Babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, skin irritation, anemia, lyme, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, allergies and in some instances even death are some of the troubles these fleas and ticks cause on pets. Treatment against tick and flea is badly needed. In order to know if you pet needs help, you have to do a physical evaluation or check-up it. When you have discovered that your poor pet is being pestered by fleas and ticks, you should not worry since there are many ways to eradicate those pests. At present, there exist products that repel, kill and prevent the fleas from multiplying.
Products are in two kinds: natural and chemical. Some effective flea and tick treatment can be as follows:
1. Alcohol can be applied to the pests with the aid of a cotton ball. This can negatively affect the fleas, slowing them down so it is easier for you to catch and kill them. Next, drowning the fleas in a cup of water is your sweet revenge. Such cup has to be emptied into the toilet and flushed immediately before your tiny enemies can escape.
2. Another option in store for you is the use of liquid soap to help release the ticks. It is not easily to end the life of a tick so you can do a few things to do so and these include wrapping it in a tissue then flushing it or drowning it in alcohol.
3. External predator shampoos and sprays and flea and tick collars are being employed by pet owners so you can try them too.
4. Gently pull the tick with the use of tick scoop or tweezers. Make sure that when doing so, the whole tick is being removed.
5. Dip your pet in pyrethrin dip to get rid of pests. You also have to treat the house to keep it free from pests. The effectiveness of this method is attested by many pet owners.